In order to help you look and feel your absolute best for our planned session I have listed a number of preparation tips I feel would benefit you and I in achieving the highest quality photographs. As your photographer I want to make sure that you love the finished results 110% and it is my job to help guide you when it comes to preparation. Once you’ve read through these tips and tricks my hope is that you will feel completely ready for your session so that we can capture the best photos possible.
- Wear and bring what suits you best and what you feel confident in! If you are purchasing a new outfit for the session make sure it fits well and that you are completely comfortable in the outfit (tailor the clothing at least a few weeks prior to the scheduled session if need be).
- If you bring more than one outfit, choose a variety of styles (casual, dressy, cozy, creative, etc.) that way you can mix it up.
- Bring options/back up clothing just in case something doesn’t work out.
- Be sure your clothing is clean and wrinkle-free.
- Accessorize! Adding accessories to the outfit(s) gives an extra touch of personal style. Accessories to consider: rings, necklaces, bracelets, earrings, hats, props, flower crowns and anything else you can think of that you’d want to add to the outfit(s). Be careful with over accessorizing! If you can’t decide on what pieces to add just bring along a variety and we can see what captures the best in photos.
- Recommendations when it comes to choosing your outfit(s):
- Unless white and/or black are your absolute favorite “colors” to wear please consider choosing colors that pop and that compliment your hair + skin tones! Try choosing two colors to work your outfit around – a primary color and an accent color.
- Add layers to emphasize depth, dimension and texture! For colder months try pairing a sweater over a dress or a jacket and scarf combo on top of a sweater and/or flannel. Even during the warmer months you can add dimension by wearing a tank top with a sheer cardigan or by throwing a denim jacket over a pretty dress!
MAKEUP, HAIR & GROOMING
- Having your hair + makeup professionally done is highly recommended and I’m not just recommending it to get you to spend more money! Even if done extremely natural it adds the perfect touch to professional photographs. It really does make a huge difference. If you’re having trouble finding a local hair/makeup artist let me know and I can help! If you’d prefer to do your own makeup just make sure to apply slightly more than usual so it really shows up in the photos. If you already prefer heavy makeup, be careful not to over do it! You may even consider using less.
- Breakouts are normal! Don’t worry about unwanted blemishes, it is easy for me to retouch.
- Don’t forget the lips – you don’t want them chapped! Moisturize and then add a little color or shine. Make sure to bring your desired lip products along to the session so you can apply touchups when needed.
- Don’t neglect the nails! Often times this is easy to forget but trust me when I say that nails make a difference especially in photos where your hands and fingers will be visible. Try to avoid any chipped polish or crazy patterns – French manicures, light/natural colors or even trimmed nails with no polish at all photograph best!
- Sleep is essential when it comes to looking your very best, so please, don’t be nervous and try to get a substantial amount of sleep leading up to our session!
The most important thing is to have fun, relax and be completely you! You will look absolutely amazing and feel great. No need to be nervous or worry, I will help and guide you throughout the entire session and we will have the best time capturing this special day. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or need assistance in choosing outfits – I am more than happy to help!